3D Hair and Fur
HAIR AND FUR TD
Hair and Fur Leads are responsible for creating believable hair, fur, and feather grooms for characters. The Lead will be working closely with the CG sups, modeling, rigging and lookdev team to ensure the best quality work is always being produced.
- Generate Hair and fur and feathers set up as required by the show.
- Develop new tools for production as required.
- Work with CG sups and department team to meet the production deadline and quality.
- Work with different 3D departments to ensure the highest quality possible.
- Ability to guide the team to achieve the desired production requirement.
- Attend the dailies and communicate the client's requirement with the team.
- Willingness to take ownership of the team and debug issues throughout the pipeline.
- Good English spoken and writing skills.
- Proven production experience on CG and VFX feature films.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Xgen, Houdini, Yeti and Shave & Haircut.
- Experience in Python development for DCC application.
- Working knowledge of VRAY or other rendering engines like Arnold, Redshift etc.
- Experience of working in cloth and hair & fur simulation.
HAIR AND FUR Artist
- Grooming hair and fur, feathers and organic elements using Yeti, Xgen or Houdini.
- Follow the guidelines of the department lead to generate hair and fur, feathers, and organic elements.
- Submit daily work progress for review and feedback from the department lead and supervisor.
- Responsible for grooming, generating maps, modeling hair curves, developing feathers and optimizing for the final renders.
- Works alongside digital asset departments such as Modelling, Texturing and Lighting./li>
- Work with CG sups and department lead to meet the production deadline and quality.
- Proficient in Maya, Xgen and Yeti.
- 2-3 years of experience working in production environment for CG and VFX films as a Hair and Fur artist.
- Knowledge of production pipeline and tools.
- Some knowledge and experience of scripting.
- Knowledge in lighting, shading and simulation.